Sunday 14 December 2008

Comeback Kid

Well done to Strauss-hope Eng can get the remaining 9 wickets tomorrow!
clipped from news.bbc.co.uk
Andrew Strauss said the knowledge of the Chennai pitch he picked up making his first innings century helped him make another hundred in the second.
England's double centurion Andrew Strauss

Strauss's knocks of 123 and 108 made him the first Englishman to hit tons in both innings of a Test in India.

"It was more a case of making sure I didn't go outside my bubble and do anything stupid," he told BBC Sport.

"Generally I stuck within my bubble and I knew if I did that, I'd have a good chance of scoring runs."

Strauss is only the 10th Englishman to score two centuries in a Test match

It was the first time Strauss had managed two centuries in a match in his career.

In so doing, he became the first Englishman to achieve a pair of centuries in a Test since Marcus Trescothick in 2004, and only the 10th Englishman to manage it.

"It's been a pretty special week for me - that second hundred meant a lot, because I've never done it before.

 blog it

No comments: